There is some debate on whether time itself actually has a beginning, and whether it will have an end.
All the evidence seems to indicate, that the universe has not existed forever, but that it had a beginning, about 15 billion years ago.
As for The Memphis Agency – it all began a long time after 15 million years ago – our beginnings was 9 years ago – on 16 February 2004.
While we are quite young, we are also quite old for a digital agency, and as such we are equipped with the ability to accept rapid change in our industry.
- The MyDoom email worm spread around the world, the fastest-spreading e-mail worm ever;
- iTunes had only just gained exposure in Europe;
- Mobile phones looked like this;
- Facebook was invented 12 days before TMA was born, on 4 February 2004;
- Netscape came back to challenge IE;
- Google looked like this; and,
- Everyone used MSN Messenger;
And in the first two months of 2013…
- We have a Melbourne office!;
- Facebook is the size of the Internet in 2004;
- Video sharing platform, Vine, was born;
- 40 million photos are uploaded to Instagram every day;
- 72 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute;
- Microsoft no longer develop MSN Messenger;
- Responsive design exists; and,
- There are more iPhones sold than there are people born every day.
So our point is… celebrate change with us, and how far we’ve come in nine years.
We’d also like to say thank you for all the ongoing support from everyone we’ve worked with. We love meeting new people, and welcoming new ideas. We hope you continue to challenge our thinking.
Last but not least – check out our Instagram hashtag that we themed ’9′ for the last few days - #LifeAtTMA
Happy Birthday to The Memphis Agency!